- Get the book in PDF format and read offline!
- Includes a table of contents, an index, and links!
- Get a head start on new chapters as they're written!
Kotlin: An Illustrated Guide
Are you ready to learn Kotlin programming?
This series starts with the fundamentals of Kotlin, and gently ramps up, building concept upon concept, so that even someone who doesn’t have any experience can grow into a proficient Kotlin developer.
Whether you’re brand new to the language or a seasoned pro, I hope this series will give you a solid foundation of understanding that empowers you to be the best Kotlin developer that you can be!
- Chapter 1 • Variables, Expressions, and Types
- Chapter 2 • Functions
- Chapter 3 • Conditionals: When and If
- Chapter 4 • Introduction to Classes and Objects
- Chapter 5 • Enum Classes in Kotlin
- Chapter 6 • Nulls and Null Safety
- Chapter 7 • Lambdas and Function References
- Chapter 8 • Collections: Lists and Sets
- Chapter 9 • Collections: Maps
- Chapter 10 • Receivers and Extensions
- Chapter 11 • Scopes and Scope Functions
- Chapter 12 • Introduction to Interfaces
- Chapter 13 • Introduction to Class Delegation
- Chapter 14 • Abstract and Open Classes
- Chapter 15 • Data Classes and Destructuring
Here’s a list of the chapters that I intend to include before finishing this online book. Keep in mind that the topics and order are subject to change. For example, sometimes while I’m writing I conclude that a topic is best understood after another prerequisite concept is explained.
- Chapter 16 • Sealed Classes and Interfaces
- Chapter 17 • Exceptions
- Chapter 18 • Introduction to Generics
- Chapter 19 • Generic Variance
- Chapter 20 • Introduction to Coroutines